Sticky

Audio Quality issues on Android and iOS


Show first post

127 replies

All of my tracks sound quality get distortion when playing through the mobile app.

Phone: IPhone 6s
Version: 10.3
Region: Mexico
Problem: please tell your app developers that when playing a track through the app, it adds alot of white noise and distortion, this distorted sound happends on every track. Its been 2 months with this issue.

Help... 😪 I miss the app.
Mathis wrote:

Hi there,

All reported links since my last post have now been fixed on a case by case basis.

Cheers
Mathis




Mathis soundcloud still hasn't corrected my songs as you said they did, they still sound bad and distorted coming out of the soundcloud app out of my build in iphone speakers compared to not not coming out of the soundcloud app. I compared the two again, most evident is no one will smile on the drop synths, youll see the difference in quality if you check it.

I ask again, please go into my private soundcloud links I posted for soundcloud to fix in an email I sent to SoundCloud support(so I wouldn't have to give my tracks public here) can you go into that ticket and you'll see the affected private links and fix this problem on those tracks please. Thanks Mathis. My ticket number is 464335. Thank you let me know when you fix them. Thank you.
**SOLUTION**

I've had this problem for a long time since i got my iPhone 7. it was very disappointing to me because Soundcloud is one of my main source of music, and the problem would only occur on the app.
The other day i went to my settings, under General and i hit reset all settings, and the hissing sound was gone. the only downside to this is your going to need to fix your settings back to how you like them, but this only takes a couple minutes.

hope this finally helps everybody because i know I've been struggling for a while!
I was listening to this song on an iPhone 6s with my beats headphones and the muffling and white noise became very apparent here. I loaded this song up on SoundCloud on my pc and there was a major difference in sound quality from the mobile app. I thought it was my wifi or my headphones were broken but now I see that everyone else is experiencing this issue on the app.

Song- https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-whats-the-use-of-feeling-blue
Mathis,

What is causing our tracks to be affected? It seems like once y'all finally get around to fixing one of song, another one starts having the same problems.

soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/dancewithme

The first minute of the song sounds muffled on the iPhone SoundCloud app.
Jeremiah Nisbett wrote:

Mathis,

What is causing our tracks to be affected? It seems like once y'all finally get around to fixing one of song, another one starts having the same problems.

soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/dancewithme

The first minute of the song sounds muffled on the iPhone SoundCloud app.



I also only notice this terrible quality on my songs when it's playing through the phone speaker. When I plug in headphones the quality is normal.
The guitar on this song: soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/holdyoudown is muddier when played on the phone speakers than with headphones or in the car.

There is also a weird muffled part in this song: soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/allonmyown at 0:48s and again right before the second chorus.
SND wrote:

**SOLUTION**

I've had this problem for a long time since i got my iPhone 7. it was very disappointing to me because Soundcloud is one of my main source of music, and the problem would only occur on the app.
The other day i went to my settings, under General and i hit reset all settings, and the hissing sound was gone. the only downside to this is your going to need to fix your settings back to how you like them, but this only takes a couple minutes.

hope this finally helps everybody because i know I've been struggling for a while!



Only thing that is wrong with that solution is that everybody else who doesn't reset settingso n their iphones will hear the bad quality still from their iphones on the soundcloud mobile app, yeah? Hope everyone gets this fixed by this admin soon, i'm still waiting on mine. Wish the best for all of you :)
Thx For fixing the last songs💕
Here's some more
https://soundcloud.com/nappy_01/delivered
https://soundcloud.com/lowlifeleo/limit
https://soundcloud.com/liln3s/david-shawty-large-prod-lil-nes
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/dontneedyou-prod-nappy01
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/idontwannawakeup-prod-davidshawty
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/dicks-prod-xangang
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/flippin-packs-prod-david-shawty
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/holy-water-prod-lil-nes-seoul-air
https://soundcloud.com/watersportsent/david-shawty-x-luh-fiji-smokebrocoli-prod-1klowkey-thotmusikent-exclusive
https://soundcloud.com/daksugden/p1nt-ft-david-shawty-prod-davidshawty
https://soundcloud.com/davidshawty/inmysoda-prod-davidshawty
Asteph wrote:

SND wrote:

**SOLUTION**

I've had this problem for a long time since i got my iPhone 7. it was very disappointing to me because Soundcloud is one of my main source of music, and the problem would only occur on the app.
The other day i went to my settings, under General and i hit reset all settings, and the hissing sound was gone. the only downside to this is your going to need to fix your settings back to how you like them, but this only takes a couple minutes.

hope this finally helps everybody because i know I've been struggling for a while!



Only thing that is wrong with that solution is that everybody else who doesn't reset settingso n their iphones will hear the bad quality still from their iphones on the soundcloud mobile app, yeah? Hope everyone gets this fixed by this admin soon, i'm still waiting on mine. Wish the best for all of you :)



yes, but when you reset the settings it would only take 2 seconds to put them back to how you like. i think its a glitch with soundcloud and settings, and just needs a restart.
Hi Mathis,

I am having the same issue on a track we are about to release with a band that we're working with. Could you address please?

https://soundcloud.com/violetyouthband/reliable-sources/s-sBYHK

Thanks in advance.
Having "boxy" sound issues on everything I upload. I have the most recent version of the app. I even opened the site in desktop mode on my mobile and still experience the same issues. Everything is fine when I use my desktop.
LG G5 - 3-16-2017 release

https://soundcloud.com/jarrettrandazzo
My track, "sixth sense (prod. djmp2)" https://soundcloud.com/mrwil2/sixth-sense-prod-djmp2-1 and pretty much every track I post, always sounds loud and at a good volume on my computer and program that i upload it from, but then when I go to listen to it on soundcloud after I post it, its volume is low and not as high as I want it to be or how high it is on my program. I experience this problem on everything I listen to it on, including my earphones, speakers on my iPhone, and on bluetooth speakers. I am in the u.s.
Userlevel 1
Hi Mathis,

Can you fix this track? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/major-third/kim


Iphone SE OS 10.2
Soundcloud 4.19.0
Iphone speaker produces blurry sound
Netherlands
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Update - most recently reported tracks should now work properly.
Userlevel 1
Mathis, my track still sounds blurry through the iphone speaker..i've put a link plus info about this track just above your last reply. Can you check if this track was fixed? Thanks!
Terrible audio quality on LG G5, no low end below about 1.5k hz (approx by ear, I am an audio engineer and mixer for live music)
Current OS, current soundcloud version, only happens through aux out, any cord, sounds fine through BT and built in audio, happens with both wifi and data, happens on app and website, only on my G5, only soundcloud app does it. Will upload video for reference after work
The link below sounds blurry and muffled for the first minute when being played through the mobile app on the iPhone. The strings and backup vocals just aren't the same as they used to be when played through the app. They sound fine when played on the computer or with headphones.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/dance-with-me-prod-by-mykal-riley

Also, the acoustic guitar on the link below sounds completely different through the mobile app.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jeremiahnisbett/hold-you-down
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

@Jeremiah - your tracks should now sound properly.

@MARJOR 3rd - digging your style actually. :-) Apart from that, I listened to the track in question on both iPhone (with & without headphones) and on a MacBook (with headphones) and could not make out any significant difference, so I hope this is now fixed for you. If it isn't, can you try deleting the app, restart your phone, then download again to make sure your phone cache isn't playing tricks on us?

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mathis :-)) glad you dig it! i followed your advise and it worked! thanks!!!
SND wrote:

**SOLUTION**

I've had this problem for a long time since i got my iPhone 7. it was very disappointing to me because Soundcloud is one of my main source of music, and the problem would only occur on the app.
The other day i went to my settings, under General and i hit reset all settings, and the hissing sound was gone. the only downside to this is your going to need to fix your settings back to how you like them, but this only takes a couple minutes.

hope this finally helps everybody because i know I've been struggling for a while!



Confirming this worked (for now?)
My most recent upload is having the same issue. It works fine on the mobile website but the hissing sound exists in the app.
https://soundcloud.com/raymuzic/bloom
I have the same issue. My hihats sound trashy only through the app using the iPhone speakers. The track sounds fine through the same phone and same speakers when streaming from soundcloud on Safari mobile browser. So the issue is the app.

Phone: iPhone 5S running iOS 10.3.1
App version: 5.3.0.
Country: UK

Track URL:
https://soundcloud.com/ravirajani/going-nowhere
Is there some way to just have an update to fix all of the tracks? Cause pretty much every track for me is really bad quality...

Reply

    • :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)